An enthusiastic and professional Web Developer, Digital Marketer and Media Engineer with 18 years experience in the web industry. Quick to grasp new ideas, concepts, develop innovative and creative solutions to problems. Able to work well in a team or on own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. Even under significant pressure, possesses a strong ability to perform effectively.
Lead and deliver performance based digital activity to maximise brand presence, traffic to website and commercial return. Continually develop and manage at high and low level the strategic approach to digital marketing. Work closely with the Business and Consumer team, Data management and IT developers as directed by manager. Role includes;
- On-line presence content and user experience improvement
- Development of a email marketing timetable for acquisition and retention
- Training and help for other team members on basic website amends
- Search engine optimisation, PPC and management of any relevant agencies
- Ensure appropriate tracking metrics are in place to measure end to end digital performance.
- Analyse and understand profile of customers recruited via on-line channels and ensure they are consistent with company strategy and deliver profitable business. Liaise with marketing team to agree cost metrics.
- Development of Social media presence.
- Developing company web site.
Responsible for producing solutions for clients using modified opensource frameworks, Roles include;
- Maintaining and managing dedicated web servers used to host clients websites.
Responsible for producing design solutions for clients of the company, working to a brief agreed with the client or team within the company. Roles include;
- Choosing the appropriate solution to meet the clients' objectives;
- Creating websites that draw together multimedia features, such as text, sound, graphics, digital photography and video, according to a designer's specification.
- Writing HTML, CSS or similar input and using authoring packages where appropriate to create content and effects.
- Researching and keeping abreast of emerging technologies such as CSS3/HTML5 in order to be able to deliver the most up-to-date solutions.
Responsible for the development of a wide variety of websites and micro-sites, from initial concept to go-live and support including:
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities;
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/HTML themes;
- Create graphical elements for web site and user interface;
- Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites.
- Digital Marketing: SEO, Analytics, PPC/AdWords, Social Media, Email, etc
- Expertise in turning design visuals into fully W3C compliant pages using clean hand-coded cross-browser HTML and CSS.
- Expertise in video editing including encoding and integration into websites
- Expertise in rich media website development.
- Expertise in Digital Photography and Photo Editing
- Software - Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash, Premiere, After Effects, Encore
- Basic design, i.e. creating UI elements, logos, use of colours, etc
- Knowledge of Apache, IIS, PHP, ASP, MySQL, Linux, jQuery
- Implementing and modifying open source software such as Joomla, Drupal, Mambo and XOOPS
Please click here for my portfolio
Interests and activities
Photography, Internet, Social Networking, Computers, Hiking/Walking
References are available on request